- Responsible for planning, analyzing, and designing new systems and modifications.
- Provides technical solutions for dynamic website that pulls content from various local and enterprise-level databases, a browser enabled e-learning solution built around enterprise-level Blackboard Learn™.
- Documents system architecture and technical architecture products to support acquisition, design, implementation, fielding, and operation of systems.
- Advises on configuration alternatives that affect information assurance and information security.
- Assists in identification and evaluation of system interface requirements with other systems.
- Documents system architecture views to capture what data needs to flow between systems and what APIs are required.
- Administer the Learning Management System (Blackboard Learn™) in a cloud computing hosted environment in support of all schools associated with CGSC and Army U.
- Manage and administer Blackboard Learn™ Web-Based Application and provide advice on best use in support of curriculum management and academic execution.
- Must be capable of administrating Blackboard Learn™ and associated Blackboard application as future versions are released.
- Must have at least 3 years’ expertise with Blackboard Learn™ application, SQL database administration, and data import/export using SQL.
- Support includes, but not limited to, establishing course and domain level administration accounts, creating courses in Blackboard Learn™, managing content collection in Blackboard Learn™, configuring application settings to optimize performance, batch enrolling users into courses, gathering data in response to ad hoc queries, and configuring and maintaining add-on building blocks in Blackboard Learn™.
- Execute user requests within 3 business days or provide plan of action for completion of tasks requiring more than 72 hours of response time.
- Integrate LMS database (Blackboard Learn™) with CGSC SMS database.
- Provide student grades and Blackboard Learn™ course data in digital format to be synchronized with SMS at least twice per day.
- Provide data for import into SQL Database.
- Provide Database Administration for Legacy SMS in support of client schools of business analysis, administration training, and technical support.
- Provide database management and administration services for Legacy SMS to Academic & Technology Support Directorate (ATSD), supporting all schools under CGSC and other schools as determined by Army U. and ATSD.
- Responsible for configuration, operation, maintenance, refinement, updating, applying Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs), and security of database servers and SMS Database.
- Administer CGSC and Army U. SharePoint Web Portal.
- Configure, maintain, and support SharePoint at Site and Site Collection layers within Microsoft SharePoint architecture.
- Provide site collection administration of SharePoint web sites for SharePoint farm administered by CAC HQ.
- Provide support to staff and faculty for daily operations of information collaboration and dissemination.
- Provide support and training to proponent school personnel regarding formation and maintenance of websites.
- Responsible for working with training and Knowledge Management staff sections to map business processes, develop custom workflows and webparts, and other custom applications to implement business processes in SharePoint.
- Provide estimate of work and project plan within 3 business days upon receipt of validated technical requirement from COR.
- Support design, programming, test, and deployment of solution as determined by project plan.
- Provide technical support, documentation, and user training.
- Update or upgrade application as needed by COR.
Senior IT Systems Solution Architect
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Leavenworth-KS
Clearance Level: Secret / Tier 3
Education-Certifications: IAT Level II MA/MS Degree (BA/BS Degree accepted with additional years of experience)
Years of Experience: 10+ years (12+ years with BS Degree)
Apply for this position
Your Passport must be valid for two years.