Congratulations to our very own Ms. Claudine Adams, who was awarded NMTC’s 2019 Visionary Award! The award celebrates our neighbors, colleagues, family, and friends for their volunteer efforts that help build a STEM-educated workforce and advance technology & innovation.
Every year the award is given to a community role model who significantly contributes to the well-being of science and technology, and its rapidly growing place in society. All nominees demonstrate qualities of enlightenment and sustained leadership.
The award criteria are as follows:
Rising star – people to watch.
- Demonstrated, in a bold way, the potential to be an excellent, long-term contributor to building our STEM-educated workforce or advancing technology & innovation. An individual may only be awarded the Rising Star Award once.
Innovator – ideas that make a difference
- Recognizes exceptional personal efforts in development and implementation of innovative program(s) measurably benefiting building our STEM-educated workforce or advancing technology & innovation with the potential for broad positive impact in the community.
Leader – setting the pace for success
- Acknowledges this individual’s steadfast, consistent contribution to the building our STEM-educated workforce or advancing technology & innovation in a public way while inspiring others to help in accomplishing shared goals.
Mentor– role models for future generations
- Illuminates those consistently volunteering their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom by going above and beyond in using their personal time and resources simply for the love of stimulating and inspiring greatness in students, teachers, apprentices, interns or organization proteges.
Visionary – a community role model in building our STEM-educated workforce and advancing technology & innovation to benefit the community, for a remarkable period of time
- Significant contributions to the well-being of our total community displayed as above and beyond personal commitment to building our STEM-educated workforce or advancing technology & innovation with demonstrated qualities of enlightened leadership to benefit many others, over a remarkable period of time.
Briana Harris | Media Specialist