- Provides application support associated with leveraging existing framework including Blackboard Learn™ API and building blocks.
- Works with Systems Architect in analyzing requirements, adding and modifying scripts, and adding new modules and seaming scripts to tables and queries within databases.
- Prepares documentation on system and domain operations and creates policies and procedures for Government review and approval.
- Submits recommendations to Government on system changes and operational procedures needed to increase efficiency as part of process improvement.
- Creates and manages Blackboard building blocks to extend functionality.
- Documents and provides recommendations on system changes and operational procedures needed to increase efficiency.
- Maintain Web Portal capability, Support Desk and Digital Library functionality, Student Management (database) and Extension Campus support capability, and content management capabilities that facilitate sustainment of enterprise training centers.
- Collect data and maintain records on user metrics, including time of day use occurs, to include periods of peak activity; number of active users on system; end user training conducted; total number of courses on Fort Eustis LLC Bb system; total number of users on system; number of courses per Domain on system; number of students per Domain on system; Training Help Desk trouble tickets; feedback through polls and surveys; current configuration change requests; other requirements as identified.
- Collect data and maintain records on system metrics, including system down-time; time of operation under continuity of operations procedures; bandwidth utilization; and other requirements as identified.
- Collect data and maintain records for manpower resources used to create knowledge objects or system enhancements; instructor-student hours to deliver end user training for Fort Eustis LLC system applications; resource scheduling; and other requirements as identified.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and technical expertise in support of Commercial Lifelong Learning Enterprise (CLLE), hosted on AWS GovCloud.
Software Engineer – Intermediate
Job Category: Software
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Eustis - VA
Clearance Level: Secret
Education-Certifications: AA BA/BS IAT Level II
Years of Experience: 5 - 7
Apply for this position
Your Passport must be valid for two years.