- Maintain and sustain ACAS Security Centers and Scanners using Government supplied software. Upgrade Security Centers and Scanners to the most recent software versions as they are approved and released by the DISA ACAS Program.
- Continuously monitor the performance and integrity of the ACAS solution, assess scan times, and make changes to improve performance. Perform corrective actions to restore ACAS to its normal operational status within 2 hours from the time of operational failure occurrence/notification. Update, integrate, and migrate the ACAS architecture to authorized operating systems and interdependent services as required to meet OPORDS throughout the period of performance.
- Interact with clients to receive requests, request clarifications, triage, troubleshoot, and resolve ACAS scanning issues.
- Operate and maintain the Nessus Agent and Nessus Manager subcomponent of ACAS as defined by DoD and IC Standards.
- Develop a deployment plan for Nessus Network Monitor (NNM) subcomponent of ACAS, obtain approval to deploy through the Enterprise Change Control Board, and deploy to all core JWICS Nodes globally. Operate and maintain NNM through the option years.
- Continuously assess ACAS capability to perform compliance management. Integrate and maintain ACAS network-based audit capabilities.
- Ensure that all ACAS vulnerability data is consolidated into a single Enterprise Security Center. Develop dashboards and reports that automate FISMA, Cyber Scorecard, and applicable DoD/Intelligence Community defined reporting standards. Create reports and dashboards automating compliance reporting for all OPORDS and Cyber Tasking Orders on all networks within 2 business days of publication.
- Develop a Disaster Recovery plan and ensure the Enterprise ACAS capability can be restored with all configurations intact.
- Attend any associated training and perform all subtasks under this task using the latest tool specified by the Government if the Government requires another compliance tool.
- Provide ACAS software and plugins to SCA team for laptop imaging and baseline builds. Provide ACAS SME functions to Customer SCA teams.
- Provide ACAS scanning capability and related support for PM/POR systems (300-600 systems with over 4000 virtual servers) on Customer networks. Troubleshoot connection issues and provide Nessus/RHEL commands to PM/POR support personnel. Create new repositories, scan zones, and train cybersecurity analysts how to create asset lists, active scans, and reports supporting system accreditation and continuous monitoring requirements. Assist building scans for PM/POR support personnel and assist troubleshooting scan results.
- Create ACAS TTPs, SOPs, and capture lessons learned to improve performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of Cybersecurity personnel using the ACAS tool. Correct misconfigurations by ACAS users and conduct ad hoc training of Customer best business practices and TTPs.
Years of Experience: 10+ years’ relevant experience for senior-level position
Education/Certifications: IAT Level II; minimum Security+
Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies. Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.