Required experience and knowledge for this position includes:
- Support current releases of all OS and applications.
- Responsible for systems analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting, Information Assurance (IA) initiatives, and system mitigation and transition strategies.
- Prepare systems test specifications for the creation of new or revisions to all schools’ Program of Instruction training systems to include; Digital trainers, Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army), Logistics Information Systems (LIS) which include the legacy Mission Command trainers and other technology appliances and equipment included in the schools’ training systems that are no longer supported by the Program of Record.
- Experience in DoD architectures and communications initiatives including, tactical networks, and commercial satellite communications, LAN, systems administration, configuration management tools and techniques, and the knowledge and experience setting up and managing software testing labs.
- Perform systems and server administration to ensure the systems sets and servers are available to the user at all times.
- Monitor the systems and ensure they are operating at peak efficiency.
- Identify and resolve any degradation, unusual activities, or system downtime.
- Immediately notify the designated Government representative, through coordination with the COR, of any instances of system degradation, unusual activities and or system downtime.
- Perform system and server backups and restoration of systems/servers as required. Ensure the redundant file system structure (integral parts of some operating/network systems) operate efficiently to ensure the data is current and accurate. Ensure that archived data and media is documented and handled in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Perform server administration to include the administration of file, web, SQL, or printer servers. Administrative duties shall include, but are not limited to, installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and decommissioning of servers and associated equipment and hardware. Create and service accounts and server data repository.
- Perform customer service and support to include service desk tickets, from end-user workstations to associated server, telephone requests, walk-in support requests and escort of vendors into server rooms. Work with external Government resources to resolve customer issues, as needed.
- Install and maintain the current software product baseline. Coordinate installation of new software and update schedules directly with the COR as coordinated with the Division Chief or the Division Team Lead.
- Perform configuration management, in accordance with policies and procedures. Maintain, modify, or repair the following: Server core, Server Builds upgrades and patching. Provide Training Department Quality Assurance Server Support, which includes patching, database management and the monitoring of systems.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of all systems within the scope of specific duties assigned.
- Perform daily inspections and vendor recommended tests on all computer systems and network components. Conduct tests to determine if the equipment is operating within tolerances specified by the vendor. Maintain a continuing record of these inspections and tests using approved trouble processing procedures.
- Assist in on-hand product analysis; network/system expansion analysis; system documentation analysis; user instruction or training; and system and network operations. Analyze requirements and propose best solutions for network approaches.
- Provide the necessary expertise to ensure all system nodes and supporting network are maintained in an operational state. Ensure all software maintenance performed conforms to regulations, policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Perform administration and customer support of Microsoft website host servers, Microsoft SharePoint servers, and sites.
- Perform Active Directory administration to include account creation/deletion, rights assignment, and the troubleshooting of accounts.
- Perform storage administration and maintenance to include that of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices. Tasks include, but are not limited to, configuration, troubleshooting, and corrective maintenance as well as maintaining high availability while preserving the Active Directory security access control.
- Lifecycle replacement of servers, storage area network devices, file area servers and applicable equipment will include disassembling servers, IT equipment, server racks and/or shelving. Reassemble all IT related equipment at the new location.
- Perform periodic reimaging and systems builds for System Applications and Products in Processing (SAP) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology training systems.
- Setup newly fielded Program of Instructions equipment, train other contract employees on the use of the newly fielded equipment, gather training requirements, and create databases, continuity books and configure the network.
- Maintain the Operational Research System Analysis (ORSA) private network by performing workstation imaging, File server configuration and support, and the patching of network connections.
Years of Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience supporting a Microsoft Windows- based environment in an IT Tech IV – Systems Server Administrator position or equivalent position. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supporting Microsoft, Solaris, or other server-based environment in a Server/Systems Administrator position or equivalent position. At least three (3) or more years (Systems Admin) of specialized experience working with Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016; Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (Forefront TMG), formerly known as Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA); Share Point; SQL Server 2005/2008/2012; and Active Directory planning and implementation.
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study; OR five (5) years related experience. Computing Environment (CE) certification for the operating system(s) and/or security related tools/devices supported. IAT-II. IT-II.
Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies. Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.