Required experience and knowledge for this position includes:
- Make recommendations to Information Technology (IT) Information Integration Division for the Sustainment Center of Excellence (SCoE)
- Use broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, and methods to perform analysis and provide solutions to challenging problems
- Support computers and applicable equipment over their complete life cycle to include setup/configuration, software installation and assistance, troubleshooting, and maintenance for all administrative and operational systems
- Provide technical support to image computers using the approved Microsoft OS and Army Gold Master baseline image
- Be knowledgeable in the use of software tools and processes to load software images on and configuration to manage the supported computers
- Possess and maintain knowledge of PC architecture and hardware and software capability and configurations
- Work with other specialists to prioritize and accomplish assigned tasks associated with customer support functions.
- Utilize acquired knowledge to balance user requirements, available resources and organizational goals and objectives while striving to maintain top quality customer service.
- Responds to phone, in-person inquiries, and the online service request (Incident ticketing system) system from a wide variety of customers.
- Respond or refer customer problems to the appropriate resource for response to inquiry or resolution of problems, coordinating problem resolution as necessary, and logging all significant events into the database.
- Serve as the primary provider of direct customer support.
- Keep contractor team members apprised of new developments in available hardware and software as well as new local and command wide developments.
- Work with other contractor team members to identify and eliminate chronic computer problems and share lessons learned with other computer specialists within and outside the organization/installation.
- Participate in formulating and implementing innovative techniques for achieving and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in conjunction with organizational effectiveness.
- Provide client administration for Microsoft desktop and laptop systems
- Provide network registration of client equipment into the current installation software/asset management application.
- Establish new, maintain, delete, and troubleshoot Active Directory client accounts/client systems.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve user/client standard application/configuration problems via telephone assistance call, remote control and at user locations.
- Maintain local standard operating system and local/standard client application software to current Army configuration, service pack, patch, and security fix and virus definition standards.
- Perform troubleshooting to resolve desktop baseline application and E-Mail problems.
- Coordinate standard system image configuration changes with the SCCM Image Team.
- Provide guidance to desktop services technicians, assigned users, and peers.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop applications.
- Configure Standard Army application systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) authorized client applications.
- Perform commercial hardware repair on computer systems.
- Assist System Administrators with testing of local client applications and security patches.
- Create/update documentation for conventional technical processes (Continuity Books).
- Assist System Administrators with installing/testing of system software or network hardware configurations and coordinate the documentation of all client hardware and software changes, to include generating and modifying procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)/User’s Guide. Use the Army Enterprise Service Desk system to create, modify, update, and resolve new or assigned customer support request incidents.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation and configuration change requests.
- Clearly and concisely communicate correct information in response to telephone assistance calls, user requests, technical questions, or when attending meetings as a technical representative, to technical and non-technical users at all levels of the command.
Years of Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years of client support in a Microsoft Windows-based environment; at least eight (8) years of specialized experience deploying Microsoft Windows systems; at least three (3) or more years of specialized experience working in the Microsoft Windows environment supporting Windows Server 2003/2008; Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (Forefront TMG), formerly known as Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA); Share Point; SQL Server 2005; or current releases of all OS and applications
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study OR eight (8) or more years related experience; Computing Environment (CE) certification for the operating system(s) and/or security related tools/devices they will support. IAT-II. IT-II
Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies. Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.