Required experience and knowledge for this position includes:
- Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Area Storage (NAS), Clustering, Active Directory, AD Group Policy Management, Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Possess a high proficiency with TCP/IP protocol.
- Have hardware knowledge with server platform equipment including the following: Ethernet networks, server and PC hardware, personal digital assistants (PDA), network printers, and storage technology.
- Be able to support the infrastructure enterprise network by developing, customizing, and documenting unattended installation scripts for deployment of applications, operating systems, and patches to 13,000+ desktops, laptops, tablets, and PDAs.
- Have knowledge of Windows architecture and internals, including file system, registry, networking, and security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows installation and deployment methodologies to include creation and customization of unattended installation scripts.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, and troubleshooting networking operating systems.
- Be able to recommend organization-wide standards and best practices including commenting on policy and procedures development.
- Experience in deploying packages in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Provide assistance to specialized development, maintenance and support based on user needs.
- Experience with various software products (ex. Symantec Backup Exec or NetBackup) that perform and maintain backup resources.
- Able to develop and maintain application software, provide system/database administration/training, and/or provide local area network solutions/training for assigned Automated Information Systems (AIS).
- Able to develop Criteria, methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Able to provide assistance as required to junior technicians, Network Administrator, or Government leads.
- Provide client administration for Microsoft desktop and laptop systems
- Provide network registration of client equipment into the current installation software/asset management application.
- Establish new, maintain, delete, and troubleshoot Active Directory client accounts/client systems.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve user/client standard application/configuration problems via telephone assistance call, remote control and at user locations.
- Maintain local standard operating system and local/standard client application software to current Army configuration, service pack, patch, and security fix and virus definition standards.
- Perform troubleshooting to resolve desktop baseline application and E-Mail problems.
- Coordinate standard system image configuration changes with the SCCM Image Team.
- Provide guidance to desktop services technicians, assigned users, and peers.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop applications.
- Configure Standard Army application systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and
- Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) authorized client applications.
- Perform commercial hardware repair on computer systems.
- Assist System Administrators with testing of local client applications and security patches.
- Create/update documentation for conventional technical processes (Continuity Books).
- Assist System Administrators with installing/testing of system software or network hardware configurations and coordinate the documentation of all client hardware and software changes, to include generating and modifying procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)/User’s Guide. Use the Army Enterprise Service Desk system to create, modify, update, and resolve new or assigned customer support request incidents.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation and configuration change requests.
- Clearly and concisely communicate correct information in response to telephone assistance calls, user requests, technical questions, or when attending meetings as a technical representative, to technical and non-technical users at all levels of the command.
Years of Experience: Six (6) years of relevant experience (can be used in lieu of degree); minimum of two (2) years of client support in a Microsoft Windows based environment; six (6) or more years in deploying systems in a Microsoft Windows Environment; three (3) or more years of specialized experience working in a Microsoft Windows 10 environment supporting Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (Forefront TMG) formerly known as Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA), Share Point, SQL Server 2005, or current releases of all OS and application software
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study OR 6 years of relevant experience; Computing Environment (CE) certification for the operating system(s) and/or security related tools/devices they will support (IAW DoD 8570.01-M). IAT-II. IT-II.
Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies. Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.