- Provide service support to all networks with full spectrum Cybersecurity processes to ensure the defense and protection of all government and DoD information systems; support daily operations, network accreditation, and compliance with security policies, DoD and Army regulations, OPORDs, and directives using automated and manual audits; fully support information systems confidentiality, availability, integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Participate, review, analyze and report minutes for Change Control Boards (CCB), Technical Review Boards (TRB), and Engineering Review Boards (ERB) for all networks.
- Provide technical support for the review of the incident reporting process with recommendations for process improvements for unclassified and classified IPN, devices, and systems.
- Provide support and documentation for tests of the Incident Response Plan (IRP) for all networks.
- Participate in working groups to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance. Must have knowledge of cryptology including encryption algorithms.
- Monitor, identify, and assess network and system vulnerabilities, requirements, and deficiencies on unclassified and classified networks, report findings for all networks, and provide results to the COR and Government team, or as part of daily operations report and as needed based on newly identified cybersecurity threats.
- Review and acknowledge trouble tickets assigned to the Cybersecurity Operations Branch within 72 hours of submission; provide response and resolution of trouble tickets, or route to proper entity for action for all networks.
- Provide service support the Government’s security policies by providing controls over access to service infrastructure components and protecting services from unauthorized access or use; and manage and maintain synchronization of passwords for single sign on solutions.
- Review, verify, and report findings for privileged level account requests utilizing Account Management and Provisioning (ARAMP) and Army Training Certificate Tracking System (ATCTS), or other provided technical solution, for all networks
- Provide O&M support with integration and management of emerging and existing technologies for Common Access Card / Public Key Infrastructure (CAC/PKI) Program for all networks.
- Provide O&M support for user level SIPRNET token cards for SIPRNET access and Alternate Smart Cards for administrator level access to all networks, to include duties as Enhanced Trusted Agent (ETA) and Trusted Agent duties.
- Provide management and direct support for the ordering, issuing, auditing, and incident response for NIPR and SIPR networks token cards.
- Support Alternate Smart Card Login implementation for all networks, to include ARAMP request and validation of DoD 8570.1-M compliance in ATCTS.
Years of Experience: 5+
Education/Certifications: Requires IAT or IAM Level II certification, to include one of the following: CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, CAP, CASP+ CE, GISM, CISSP, GSLC, CCISO, or HCISPP
Clearance Level: Secret with T3 investigation; IT Level II
COMPANY INFORMATION: Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies. Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.