- Supports data library for LLC Blackboard Learn™ SQL database and new databases.
- Provides maintenance of database dictionaries.
- Responsible for quality control and auditing of data dictionary to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Supports creation of courses in ATRRS to match courses on proponent Blackboard application and accommodate push and pull of student information between systems.
- Pulls limited student rosters from ATRRS and supports batch-enroll of students into Blackboard and data dictionary.
- Pulls limited student rosters from school-specific area of Blackboard application and supports batch-enroll into ATRRS. Ensures student data is consistent between systems.
- Archives student records.
- Supports organizational system for archive of student records and data.
- Administer the Learning Management System (Blackboard Learn™) in a cloud computing hosted environment in support of all schools associated with CGSC and Army U. Manage and administrate Blackboard Learn™ Web-Based Application and provide advice on best use in support of curriculum management and academic execution.
- Must be capable of administrating Blackboard Learn™ and associated Blackboard application as future versions are released.
- Must have at least 3 years’ expertise with Blackboard Learn™ application, SQL database administration, and data import/export using SQL.
- Support includes, but not limited to, establishing course and domain level administration accounts, creating courses in Blackboard Learn™, managing content collection in Blackboard Learn™, configuring application settings to optimize performance, batch enrolling users into courses, gathering data in response to ad hoc queries, and configuring and maintaining add-on building blocks in Blackboard Learn™.
- Execute user requests within 3 business days or provide plan of action for completion of tasks requiring more than 72 hours of response time.
- Configure, operate, and maintain education resources data storage for leader development and education in support of Customer process.
- Responsible for storing, organizing, and providing accessibility of data through networked capacities via LAN connection and web-based remote connections.
- Content format types include, but not limited to, streaming media, flash/HTML5 media, and electronic documents stored either on Government SAN hardware or cloud-based services provided by or leased by Government.
- Integrate LMS database (Blackboard Learn™) with CGSC SMS database.
- Provide student grades and Blackboard Learn™ course data in digital format to be synchronized with SMS at least twice per day.
- Provide data for import into SQL Database.
- Support Database Administration for Legacy SMS in support of client schools of business analysis, administration training, and technical support.
- Provide database management and administration services for Legacy SMS to Academic & Technology Support Directorate (ATSD), supporting all schools under CGSC and other schools as determined by Army U. and ATSD.
- Responsible for configuration, operation, maintenance, refinement, updating, applying Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs), and security of database servers and SMS Database.
Job Category: Database
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Leavenworth-KS
Clearance Level: Secret/Tier 3 (IT Level II)
Education-Certifications: BS Degree (AA Degree or 2-yr Tech School Certificate accepted with 2+ years experience IAT Level II
Years of Experience: <5
Apply for this position
Your Passport must be valid for two years.