The Cyber Intelligence Analyst will coordinate with intelligence activities to gain situational awareness of cyber and security threats to AFCENT networks. Coordination will include physical and virtual meetings, using voice and video technologies.
- Develop a weekly Cyber Activity Report focused on Customer’s networks; the report will include intelligence that directly and indirectly affects Customer’s networks and operations from both red and blue team perspectives
- Conduct trend analysis and develop reports to support internal and external security activity and incident response
- Analyze cyber intelligence reports to determine correlation and applicability to network operations on Customer networks
- Analyze network intrusion detection reports and vulnerability assessments to evaluate security posture as it pertains to current operations and information security levels
- Recommend security posture changes based on security analysis and changes in threat indicators
- Provide informal on-the-job training for both contractors and government personnel to include analysis interpretation and threat/event correlation
- Provide recommendations on how to resolve, improve, or prevent network security related issues
- Review, edit, comment, and analyze documents, and recommend corrections/changes
- Prepare briefs and present oral presentations to update the Government on the status of actions
Candidate Requirements: Experience may be used in lieu of higher education. Candidates without advanced degree must have 7+ years’ of relevant experience with 2 or more years’ experience analyzing cyber intelligence reports. Candidates with a BS in related field must have 5+ years’ experience with 2 or more years’ experience analyzing cyber intelligence reports. Candidates with an MA/MS in related field must have 3+ years’ relevant experience with 2 or more years’ experience analyzing cyber intelligence reports.
Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies. Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.