- Builds custom modules and web parts for Blackboard application.
- Interacts with Government and contractor staff to develop custom web parts to implement effective business processes.
- Provide design and implementation of TJAGLCS DL services to support developers and students.
- Support includes non-courseware specific tasks like webpage and graphics development, training outside of course structure, and improvements to user interface to better organize and present training and educational materials.
- Operate and maintain LLC infrastructure, including coordinating with LLC for software and application maintenance, loading and configuring software patches or updates, performing routine database maintenance, running health checks, conducting server log verifications, and performing overall security checks.
- Provide input and guidance to technologies, software, and hardware that will enhance and support TJAGLCS LLC mission capabilities.
- Coordinates application development associated with leveraging existing framework to include LLC LCMS (Blackboard Learn™) API and building blocks.
- Works with Senior Systems Architect to analyze requirements, add and modify PHP scripts and new PHP modules, and seam scripts to tables and queries within databases.
- Assists with preparation of documentation on system and domain operations and creation of policies and procedures for Government review and approval.
- Submits recommendations to Government on system changes and operational procedures needed to increase efficiency as part of process improvement.
- Coordinates creation and management of LCMS building blocks to extend functionality.
- Document and provide recommendations to Government on system changes and operational procedures needed to increase efficiency.
- Build custom modules and web parts using Java.
- Interact with staff to develop dynamic mobile applications to enhance learning capabilities.
- Create training product graphic / 3D modeling games and simulations in support of TJAGLCS applications and Army Games for Learning program.
- Create and maintain webpages and graphics to ensure friendly User Interface and well-organized materials and pages on JAGU.
- Utilize graphic software programs to produce visually dynamic images in 3D or 2D for a web-delivered training environment.
- Interface with stakeholders for development of webpages and web-enabled technical solutions in support of training and education delivered in residence and online.
- Develop, modify, update, and manage e-learning portal that integrates JAGC and TJAGLCS training and education products in support of JAGC KM mission.
- Provide Support to users of online systems and programs associated with TJAGLCS dL Program.
- Provide limited modifications of new dL, or interactive multimedia instruction (IMI) products and testing for new dL / IMI products for compatibility with existing TJAGLCS lifelong learning systems.
- Develop and submit recommendations on evolving education and training concepts for continuous IT education and training.
- Create, program, modify, and maintain games, simulations, and mobile applications.
- Create game and simulations graphics for delivery via web.
- Create, modify, and maintain web graphics and pages for use with LCMS to enhance UI, organize courseware and training materials in support of JAGC KM efforts.
- In support of Liferay capability, design and implement custom page layouts; configure and customize out-of-box applications / portlets; troubleshoot and resolve issues with Liferay portal; install and test patches provided by Liferay Support; work with individual site owners to ensure applications and patches work correctly; troubleshoot and resolve Liferay portal programming bugs as reported by stakeholders; work with end users to identify and troubleshoot issues associated with Liferay portal and applications; provide documentation and end user training for applications; write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures; perform web application design and development; provide custom portlet design and development; and create rich and interactive web-user experiences within CMS.
- Must have proficiency with following technologies, including but not limited to: SharePoint, Blackboard Learn™, Adobe Presenter, Sonic Foundry Media Site, Respondus, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Defense Connect Online, Defense Collaboration System, Liferay, Lotus Notes, various web-building and graphics software and Army systems to include ATRRS, RITMS and SABA; Sharable content object reference model (SCORM) compliance requirements; and application development software for TJAGLCS (such as, Unity, VBS3).
Applications Programmer – Senior
Job Category: Program Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: CHARLOTTESVILLE VA
Clearance Level: Secret/Tier 3 (IT Level II)
Education-Certifications: IAT Level II MA/MS Degree (BA/BS Degree accepted with additional years of experience)
Years of Experience: 10+ years (12+ years with BS Degree)
Apply for this position
Your Passport must be valid for two years.